What is Self-Determination?
People are self-determined when they use their ability or power to make choices and decisions based on their own preferences and interests to self-direct their lives.
Our Mission Statement:
- To expand awareness of self-determination principals:
freedom, support, control, responsibility, confirmation, relationships, dreams, and choice.
- To provide self-determination and training resources.
- To promote and recognize advocacy efforts and assist in organizing advocacy efforts throughout Ohio.
- To assist advocates to connect with and educate policymakers and achieve leadership positions.
- To provide self-determination best practice input to state and local governing organizations.
Professionals, Advocates, Resources (PAR) and Ohio Self Determination Association (OSDA) partner up to provide an experience like no other in Ohio; a one of a kind opportunity for people with disabilities and people who care about people with disabilities to learn, socialize, network, have fun, and form lasting friendships.
CLICK HERE for official Synergy Conference information.
Learn about the ESDY Awards
What Our Members Say About OSDA
“No we can’t” as an answer is replaced by “How can we make this happen?”
I now have friendships with other advocates. We are better and stronger together!
Being a member of OSDA gave me the tools and confidence to take control of my life and be a leader for other advocates.